Friday 5 December 2008

ink marks on a blank page Sat December 6th.

There is a chorus of voices saying"is it really the 6th of?" 'fraid so kiddies, and I hope you have all been extra good this year 'cos you know just what will happen don't you? The big bad world wide recession is coming to a country near you ,that's what, so if the folks you elected last time haven't done their job right...you had better watch out, no pressies for you lot! All this time you thought it was the bankers and politicians who had made the mistakes that got us in this mess when it was REALLY YOUR fault for electing the pollies who made the regulations so slack that allowed all this to happen, so there!! see it was YOU the voter, such naughty people.

Sometimes i don't know why I say stuff like that, perhaps there is a curly bit in my mind that stores rubbish and at a completely inappropriate time says,righto cretin, write me down real quick without even thinking. Make a complete ass of yourself , I'll deny everything so what, wasn't me, dolly did it. So I do, what do I know about the world anyway.

But what I do know is this: There is a large window in front of the robbi breakfast table, if you are really good and have elected the right one this time I shall take some pictures one day and show y'all the super view there is from my chair.
What happens on a regular basis is this ; we have these native birds in the garden (Manorina melanocephala ) noisy miner to you, and they have a nasty habit of attacking the other native birds who used to fly in and sup from the flowering plants. They also like to gang up on a sweet little bird who fossicks around on the ground like a mad thing. This little bird is an introduced species (Turdus merula) the common English blackbird and is an inoffensive sweet thing with a lovely song.

The noisy miners have learnt, and very quickly too, that if they see a blackbird in the front garden they can call two or three of their bretheren and make the blackbird fly up in panic. Then by careful sheperding can drive said bird at full speed into the large clear window where it will usually hit same so hard it breaks its neck. One such happening occured just as I drove up from a visit to the shops,the result is pictured. Okay I hear you say, David Attenborough has done that, we saw it on the discovery channel last week. Yes I can quote you on that,but how did the birds learn that, do they watch David too? What my question for the week is kiddies, how is this so. This house has only been here for 7 years, the noisy miners only moved in en masse about two years ago and I never saw them practising rounding up other species etc, and as they only do it to blackbirds what is happening here. Does Alfred Hitchcock's movie 'the birds' have star billing at the noisy miner's roost of a night, or are these the Einstein's of the avian world.

Is that scary or is it not Hortense? and why do I talk about stuff that I know diddly about? 'cos i can Hortense, nope ,read my lips Horty do I care?
Cogitate on this Hortense old fruit, when those gunmen stormed into Mumbai the other day shooting up the train station and a hundred or so innocent civilians,an academic from a Uni here was on TV saying one of the reasons they do stuff like that is because they are POOR and have no money or jobs so should be helped and understood, not shot at. Now then Hortense what I want to know is just how poor are they when a round for an AK47 costs a minimum of 28centsAUD even if you load 'em yourself,a rocket propelled grenade costs $1200 each and stun grenades cost around $340AUD a time. I know this stuff as it is I am a nosy basket so made it my business to find out. Don't even mention the training costs and rubber duckies ,fuel etc and ammo they used in training not to even talk about the mobile phones and comm gear they had.Well that is true Hortense, what the heck would I know, best I stick to knowing what day it is tomorrow,yea Sunday of course and the OZ dollar being what it is we should go spend our last few on some Gelato,a plan?

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

"Vee Haff Meat in Zee Building!!!"

(The Germans)