Thursday 30 October 2008

Ink marks on a blank page .Thursday Oct 30th

Been a while since I have sullied these hallowed pages. Not for want of trying or even lack of subject matter, it is just that I have had a pressing and torrid time doing a project for a loved someone.though 'tis never hard to find something to wax lyrical on in these odd times is it not? There have been folk who do say I could talk underwater with a mouth full of marbles, true, not that I have but let's say at times I am want to maybe just give it a shot.

Been packing for a quick trip to Sydney on the weekend, sort of part business and a really swish dinner to go for and as luck would have it I don't have to pay so that part is all good.The rest will be too, I just know it will be. Life is odd like that, things do work themselves out don't they.There you are frothing at the mouth, can't find that nice tie or a shirt that goes with the new coat and all of a sudden you are all packed and actually ready to go, wonders will never cease.

Don't know how many of you have been to Sydney but it really isn't my kind of place, funny too as it is one of THE beautiful cities of the world and I am one of these blokes what does like a bit o' beauty. Odd too that I feel more at home in London than I do in Sydney, perhaps that's the wannabe in me, bragging about the exotic places I have been to and lived in. But to me London has that homey feel, whereas Sydney is such a roaring fast place and the folk there are just at it all day every day.The harbour buzzes night and day, cars and trucks fly around and no-one seems to worry about the speed limit.Just seems like a don't care sort of place to me ,brash and in the face with high flyers doing the loop de loop buying and selling and the ladies all out seeing who can pay the most for a cup of coffee.

Don't get me wrong having a place like Sydney only two hours away by jet is an okay thing to have, but hey, nice to contemplate a visit but it is nice to know that Sydney is 'up there' and an affordable cup of coffee and a nice lunch that doesn't cost a weeks salary is here.

Yes Hortense I do know that the world doesn't revolve around gelato at Cocolat, and yes this is a sort of backwater, but gee it is a pleasant little backwater at that.
I should stop waxing on and talk about other stuff?.Hortense I am a wimpy old bloke with absolutely no status what so ever, what would I know.But I do know that woman in the US has a big mouth, and yes Horty the grand ole party did splash out a lot on clothes for her too. Yes I know she is just your everyday hockey mom, and yes I still haven't quite worked out what the heck that is supposed to connote.I think it means she is just very average, and yes Horty she is that and all in spades.I should stick to eating Gelati? lead me there Horty , lead me there.

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

The closest I have come to seeing Sydney is in Finding Nemo but my beloved "landlord" lived there for 6 months some many many years ago.

Sice there's cocolat and Hortense in Sydney, I believe it will move up higher on my list of Places To Accomplish.

London? Spent a month there in two days. Very clotted cream and linen-y I thought.

Jannie Funster said...

Torrid?

Waxing lyrical?

Hope you are well?